Smart Schedules for your Wyze Sprinkler Controller seem to be over or under-watering.
- For under or overwatering: Keep in mind that Smart Schedules aim for 100% soil moisture. If you feel that the suggested times are too long or too short, you can manually adjust the amount of time.
- For rain skips not working: Keep in mind that sometimes Sprinkler Plus will still water the zone if that zone is not at 100% soil moisture.
- Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, please head over to your device’s app store and update the Wyze app.
- Check that your Wyze Sprinkler Controller’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update. If there is an update available for the controller, please move forward with updating it.
- If you have a mesh Wi-Fi router with multiple access points, we recommend changing the SSID (Wi-Fi name) of the access point closest to your controller to a unique name so that the controller doesn’t try to switch between different access points.
- Note: After changing the SSID, you will need to set up your controller like new using the new SSID.
- Verify that you have an active Sprinkler Plus subscription.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Services > Sprinkler Plus.
- Make sure the subscription is applied to your device.
- Ensure your primary settings (crop type, soil type, spray heads, etc.) are correct.
- Ensure the advanced settings are correct. You can learn more about the settings here.
- Power cycle your Wyze Sprinkler Controller.
- Unplug the power adapter for 10 seconds and plug it back in.
- Factory reset your Wyze Sprinkler Controller.
- Press and hold the Reset button on the back for 10 seconds until the lights start flashing yellow.
- Set up Wyze Sprinkler Controller like new.
- Repeat steps 4-6.
Please keep in mind that changing the basic settings will automatically adjust the corresponding advanced settings so if you plan to adjust advanced settings, please make sure you set the main setting first.
The most straightforward way to adjust the watering amount is to go to Schedules > Your Schedule > Zones. From there, you can view the current duration suggested by the algorithm and adjust the duration for the zones that you think are being under or overwatered.