Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed here on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device's app store, and update the Wyze app.
Check that your Wyze Video Doorbell’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for the doorbell, please move forward with updating it.
Ensure that your Wyze Chime is plugged into a standard power outlet no further than 100ft. from your Wyze Video Doorbell.
- If you have multiple walls, doors, and other structures between each device, then that optimal range will be smaller.
- Try placing your Wyze Chime in an area without many metal obstacles or too many walls.
- When pressing the reset button on Wyze Chime, please release it once the chime status light quickly blinks 3 times, and observe if the reset button bounces back.
Power cycle your Wyze Video Doorbell.
- Flip the breaker switch connected to the doorbell's wiring to its "Off" position, wait for 10 full seconds, then flip the breaker switch back to the "On" position.
Power cycle your network.
- Unplug your router for 10 full seconds, then plug it back in. This will reboot the network and clear up any potential channel congestion that may be causing trouble for the doorbell.
Factory reset your Wyze Video Doorbell.
- Press in on the doorbell while also pushing it up to remove it from the backplate. This exposes the back wiring and setup button.
- Press and hold the setup button until the status light turns solid yellow.
- Once the light turns solid yellow, release the setup button and wait for the light to begin flashing again.
- From there, set up the Wyze Video Doorbell and Wyze Chime again as if it were a new device. For setup instructions, follow the steps outlined in the Wyze app.