When viewing the live stream, the video is slow, choppy, and/or distorted.
- Confirm your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, go to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed here on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- Toggle your camera's resolution.
- All Wyze Cam devices have a quality setting on the top left of the live stream.
- Tap to choose between HD, SD, and 360p. If you're on HD, try a lower setting as they both consume less bandwidth.
- If you have multiple cameras, test the connection.
- Unplug every Wyze Cam except the one that's running slow. If you see an improvement, plug in the other cameras one-by-one.
- Check each camera's live stream after you add one to see when it/they start to slow down.
- Move your camera closer to the router to see if this improves the connection quality.
- Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from its power source for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Factory reset the camera and then set it up as new.
- Remove any microSD card inserted in the camera.
- With the camera plugged into power, rotate the lens of the camera so it is facing up and single-press SETUP for 10 seconds until the status light on the front of the camera lens turns solid red.
- Once the status light starts flashing red, set up the camera as new.
- Reboot your router.