Your Wyze Cam OG's spotlight doesn't turn on automatically, or as expected.
- Confirm your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, go to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed here on our Release Notes & Firmware page
- Make sure the camera is in a dark enough area for the spotlight to turn on.
- Note: Dark by human eyes may not be considered dark for the camera.
- In the Wyze app, toggle the spotlight on/off.
- In the Wyze app, toggle Spotlight Control off/on.
- Do this under Settings > Spotlight Settings > Spotlight Control.
- This setting will automatically turn on the spotlight when the camera detects motion in very low light.
- Make sure the camera is set to detect motion. (Settings > Event Recording > Detects Motion.)
- Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from its power source for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Check that there are no Rules set up that would interfere with the spotlight.
- From the Home tab, tap the Edit pencil > Edit Rules to find your current rules.
- Factory reset the camera and then set it up as new.
- Remove any microSD card inserted in the camera.
- With the camera plugged into power, rotate the lens of the camera so it is facing up and single-press SETUP for 10 seconds until the status light on the front of the camera lens turns solid red.
- Once the status light starts flashing red, set up the camera as new.