Your Wyze Cam OG does not trigger for some motion events or is not detecting motion as expected.
- Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed here on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- Check that your Wyze Cam OG’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for the camera, please move forward with updating it.
- Ensure the camera is set to detect motion.
- In the Wyze app, go to the camera’s settings > Event Recording.
- Make sure Motion is enabled.
- Adjust the camera’s Detection Settings.
- In the Wyze app, go to the camera’s settings > Detection Settings.
- Under Motion Detection Sensitivity, adjust the slider bar to 100 while testing.
- Tap Detection Zone and toggle it off while testing.
- Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from its power source for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Factory reset the camera and then set it up as new.
- Remove any microSD card inserted in the camera.
- With the camera plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds until the status light on the front of the camera turns solid red.
- Once the status light starts flashing red, set up the camera as new.