Wyze Switch does not successfully update its firmware.
- Check that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- Power cycle your Wyze Switch.
- Turn the breaker off, wait for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Reboot your router.
- Factory reset your Wyze Switch.
- Press and hold the switch for 20 seconds until you see the LED status light blinking rapidly. Once the status light starts blinking slowly, then you’re ready to set up your switch as new before attempting to update the firmware again.
- If possible, connect your phone/tablet to a mobile hotspot, then try the troubleshooting steps below:
- Press and hold the switch for 20 seconds until you see the LED status light blinking rapidly to factory reset it. The status light will blink slowly to indicate that the device is ready for setup.
- Turn off Wi-Fi on your phone or tablet and enable your personal hotspot. You’ll want to make sure that your personal hotspot is discoverable.
- Set up your Wyze Switch like new in the Wyze app and be sure to connect to your personal hotspot during the Wi-Fi network selection page.
- The hotspot should be viewable under the list of Wi-Fi networks during setup.
- Once the switch is set up with your personal hotspot, update the firmware to version 1.2.25 or newer.
- You can do this in the Wyze app by going to Wyze Switch’s settings > Device Info > Firmware Version.
- Once the update is successful, factory reset your switch and set it up as new to the Wi-Fi network you originally wanted to use.