Wyze Lamp Socket is not turning off from the app.
Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
Confirm the firmware for your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Lamp Socket are both up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for these devices, please move forward with updating them.
- Ensure that Wyze Lamp Socket has a good signal strength.
- You can check this in the Wyze app by going to the attached camera’s settings > Device Info > Signal Strength.
- If it has less than 3 bars, try moving the lamp socket and Wyze Cam v3 closer to your router.
- Reboot your router.
- Power cycle Wyze Lamp Socket and any linked Wyze Lamp Sockets.
- Change the light switch (or breaker) for the circuit that the lamp sockets are attached to into the off position.
- Wait 5 full seconds.
- Change the switch (or breaker) back to the on position.
- Note: This will power cycle both Wyze Lamp Sockets and the attached Wyze Cam v3s.
- Factory reset the attached Wyze Cam v3.
- If there is a microSD card inserted in the camera, remove it before proceeding.
- With the camera plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds.
Wait at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize.
- This process may take up to 5 minutes. It's rare, but it's possible.
- The LED status light on the camera will change to flashing red once the reset is complete.
- Walk through setting up the camera and lamp socket like new in the Wyze app.