Wyze Lamp Socket is not being recognized by the attached Wyze Cam v3.
Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
Confirm the firmware for your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Lamp Socket are both up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for these devices, please move forward with updating them.
- Ensure that you are using the cables included with Wyze Lamp Socket.
- Other cables, including the original Wyze Cam v3’s power cable, are not recommended.
- Ensure that the attached Wyze Cam v3 does not have any other accessories setup such as Wyze Cam v3 Spotlight Kit.
- Wyze Cam v3 can only have one accessory at any time.
- Power cycle Wyze Lamp Socket.
- Change the light switch (or breaker) for the circuit that the lamp socket is attached to into the off position.
- Wait 5 full seconds.
- Change the switch (or breaker) back to the on position.
- Note: This will power cycle both Wyze Lamp Socket and the attached Wyze Cam v3.
- Factory reset the attached Wyze Cam v3.
- If there is a microSD card inserted in the camera, remove it before proceeding.
- With the camera plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds.
Wait at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize.
- This process may take up to 5 minutes. It's rare, but it's possible.
- The LED status light on the camera will change to flashing red once the reset is complete.
- Walk through setting up the camera and lamp socket like new in the Wyze app.