If your Internet service provider (ISP) issued you a static IP address (IP addresses that don’t change), then you'll need to manually assign that public address to your Wyze Mesh Router's WAN port. (Note: This is exceedingly rare and you're probably paying your ISP a monthly fee to have this special static IP address.)
Most likely, this address will be specified during the initial setup of your root router. However, if you need to revisit or change this address, follow these steps:
- From the Home tab of the Wyze app, select your Wyze Mesh Router.
- Tap on the settings icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap Advanced Settings > IP Address > WAN IP.
- Tap Static IP then enter the IP address you were provided for the External Static IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway IP (the external WAN router), and your Internet service provider’s DNS servers.
- If you were not provided DNS servers, you can choose from among many public DNS servers like Google's whose addresses are 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.