Yes, for some products.
This is a new feature and currently, the Wyze app supports Picture in Picture mode for the following products:
- Wyze Battery Cam Pro
- Wyze Cam Floodlight Pro
Note: This feature is only available on app version 2.44+ for select products.
What is Picture in Picture?
This mode allows you to continue viewing your camera’s live stream outside of the Wyze app in a smaller, moveable window while you view other apps.
- This feature must be manually turned on/off. It does not automatically activate when exiting the Wyze app.
- These settings may differ slightly on different device models or different OS versions.
Enabling/Disabling Picture in Picture
To enable Picture in Picture for your mobile device:
- Android: Navigate to your settings > Apps > Special App Access > Picture in Picture. Enable it for the Wyze app.
- iOS: Navigate to Settings > General > Picture in Picture > toggle it on.
To enable Picture in Picture within the Wyze app:
- Navigate to the camera’s live stream.
- Tap the Enter Picture in Picture icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- If you do not have Picture in Picture mode enabled in your mobile device settings, you will receive a pop-up to enable it.
- When enabled, the Picture in Picture window will present itself in the top right corner of your screen and can be moved elsewhere by dragging it with your finger.
To exit Picture in Picture:
- Within the Wyze app: tap the Exit Picture in Picture icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Outside of the Wyze app: tap the X icon.
How is this different from the Picture in Picture mode available on Wyze Cam OG?
The feature for Wyze Cam OG allows you to pair one Wyze Cam OG with another Wyze Cam OG camera (or Wyze Cam OG Telephoto 3x). This allows you to view the live stream for two cameras at the same time within the Wyze app.
The Picture in Picture mode for the app allows you to continue viewing the live stream of compatible cameras outside of the Wyze app.