Wyze Battery Cam Pro's built-in spotlight does not turn on when motion is detected.
- Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- If possible, check that your Wyze Battery Cam Pro’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for the camera, please move forward with updating it.
- Ensure the camera is in a dark enough area for the spotlight to trigger.
- Note: A place considered dark by human eyes may not be considered dark for the camera.
- Toggle the spotlight on/off.
- In the camera’s live stream, tap the spotlight icon.
- Ensure that the camera is set to detect motion.
- In the camera’s settings, tap Event Recording > Detects Motion.
- Ensure the camera’s built-in spotlight is set to turn on when motion is detected.
- In the camera’s settings, tap Spotlight > toggle on Motion.
- Verify that the motion is not happening during a cooldown period.
- You can adjust the cooldown by going to the camera’s settings > Event Recording > Recording Cooldown.
- Note: If you don’t have Cam Plus, your cooldown options will be limited to 1, 3, or 5 minutes.
- Adjust the Detection Settings.
- In the camera’s settings, tap Detection Settings.
- While testing, disable any Detection Zone that may be enabled.
- Increase the Detection Range by adjusting the slider bar to 30 ft.
- Increase the Detection Sensitivity by adjusting the slider bar to High.
- Check that there are no Rules set up that would interfere with the spotlight.
- From the Home tab of the Wyze app, tap the pencil icon > Edit Rules.
- Power cycle Wyze Battery Cam Pro.
- Remove the battery pack completely for 10 seconds, then place it back into the camera, ensuring it is seated firmly.
- Factory reset Wyze Battery Cam Pro.
- Remove any microSD card inserted into the camera.
- With the camera powered on, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds until the status light turns solid yellow.
- To access the setup button, you will need to open the camera's battery compartment.
- Once the status light starts flashing yellow and blue, set up the camera like new.
- The spotlight will turn on only when dark and automatically turn off after the motion stops.
- Recording triggers a cooldown for both the camera and the spotlight. Any motion detected during this time will not be recorded or trigger the spotlight.