Wyze Video Doorbell v2 is frequently missing events or there are no events recorded.
- Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- If possible, check that your Wyze Video Doorbell v2’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for the doorbell, please move forward with updating it.
- Ensure the doorbell is set to record correctly.
- In the Wyze app, navigate to the doorbell’s settings > Event Recording.
- Enable Record Motion Events.
- Enable All Motion Events.
- Note: If you do not have Cam Plus enabled, there will automatically be a 5-minute cooldown period between thumbnails.
- Verify that the Detection Settings are set correctly.
- Navigate to the doorbell’s settings > Detection Settings.
- Under Motion Detection Sensitivity, adjust the slider bar to High.
- Tap Detection Zone and toggle it off while testing.
- Verify that there are no Rules set up that could be causing interference.
- Navigate to the Home tab of the Wyze app, tap the pencil icon in the upper right-hand corner > Edit Rules.
- Note: We recommend deleting any Rules and then adding them back one by one while testing.
- Power cycle Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
- Flip the breaker switch that is powering the doorbell to the off position, wait 10 full seconds, then flip the breaker switch back to the on position.
- Factory reset Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
- Remove any microSD card inserted into the doorbell.
- To remove the doorbell, press the doorbell in and slide it up before pulling away from the wall plate.
- With the doorbell powered on, press and hold the setup button on the back of the doorbell for 15 seconds until the status light turns solid orange, then release the setup button.
- Once the status light begins flashing orange, set up the doorbell like new.