When I try to update the firmware for Wyze Video Doorbell v2, it fails.
- Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- If there is a microSD card inserted, remove it and attempt the firmware update again.
- Ensure that Wyze Video Doorbell v2 has a good signal strength.
- You can check this in the Wyze app by going to the doorbell’s settings > Device Info > Signal Strength.
- If it has 2 bars or less, try moving the router closer to the doorbell.
- If possible, make sure the doorbell, phone/tablet, and router are close together during the update (within 6-10 feet).
- Reboot the router.
- Restart Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
- Navigate to the doorbell’s settings > Restart Camera > tap Restart.
- Power cycle Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
- Flip the breaker switch that is powering the doorbell to the off position, wait 10 full seconds, then flip the breaker switch back to the on position.
- Factory reset Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
- Remove any microSD card inserted into the doorbell.
- To remove the doorbell, press the doorbell in and slide it up before pulling away from the wall plate.
- With the doorbell powered on, press and hold the setup button on the back of the doorbell for 15 seconds until the status light turns solid orange, then release the setup button.
- Once the status light begins flashing orange, set up the doorbell like new.