Integrate your Wyze Bulb White with Amazon Alexa to control your lights with your voice. Want to turn on all the Wyze bulbs in the house? Just ask Alexa.
Before setting up Alexa with your device:
- Download the Amazon Alexa app. (iOS/ Android)
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Add the Wyze Skill.
- Tap More > Skills & Games, search for "Wyze" and select it from the list.
- Tap Enable to Use.
- Sign in to your Wyze account to link your account.
- Tap Close. You're ready to use the Wyze Skill.
To pair your Wyze Bulb White with Alexa:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and tap Discover Devices.*
- After Alexa finds your bulb, it'll be listed under Devices in the Smart Home section of the Alexa app.
To remove the Wyze Skill from Alexa:
Don't want your Wyze devices to work with Alexa anymore? Unlinking your account only takes a second. You can remove it two ways:
- In the Wyze app, tap Account > Smart Integrations > Alexa. Tap Unlink.
- In the Alexa app, tap Devices > Your Smart Home Skills > Wyze > Settings. Tap Disable Skill.
Voice commands for Alexa:
To turn your bulb on/off:
- "Alexa, turn (bulb name) off."
- "Alexa, turn (bulb name) on."
To set the bulb's brightness:
- "Alexa, set the (bulb name) to (percentage of brightness)."
The percentage of brightness is a scale of 0-100% for the brightness setting.
To set the bulb's color temperature:
- "Alexa, set (bulb name) softer."
- "Alexa, make the (bulb name) warmer."
- "Alexa, set the (bulb name) cooler."
- "Alexa, make the (bulb name) whiter."
- "Alexa, make the (bulb name) warm white."
- "Alexa, set the (bulb name) to daylight."
Here is a list of words you can use to change a bulb to a specific color temperature in Kelvin value.
|Shade of White||Color Temperature in Kelvin Value|
|warm, warm white||2200|
|incandescent, soft white||2700|
|daylight, daylight white||5500|
|cool, cool white||7000|
To change your Wyze Bulb's name:
If your bulb's name is a little complicated, it maybe hard for Alexa to hear it properly and follow your command. There are two ways to change your bulb's name:
In the Wyze app:
- Tap on your Wyze Bulb > Settings > Name. Edit the bulb's name.
- So Alexa can learn the new name, go to the Alexa App and tap Devices > + plus sign > Add Device. Alexa will automatically discover your devices and the new bulb name.
In the Alexa app:
Tap Devices > Lights and tap on your bulb. Tap the Settings gear, then Edit Name.
- This will not change the name in the Wyze app.
- Tap Devices > Lights and tap on your bulb. Tap the Settings gear, then Edit Name.
- The Wyze Skill works with all bulbs that are connected to your Wyze account, including bulbs shared with other users.
- Name your bulb something easy, like "garage light" or "living room."
- If power to your bulb is turned off using the light switch, Alexa will not be able to access the bulb to turn it on, set the brightness, etc.