Here are some steps to try if your Amazon device is having trouble discovering the camera:
- Ensure that your camera is a Wyze Cam v2 or Wyze Cam Pan. The original Wyze Cam is not compatible with Amazon Alexa.
- Ensure that the Amazon device is compatible with the camera. It must be an: Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire Tablets and Fire TV. It’s compatible with all generations of Fire TV, all Fire TV Edition Smart TVs and Fire Tablets Gen 7 and above
- Ensure that your camera is updated to the latest firmware version (126.96.36.199+ for Wyze Cam v2 and 188.8.131.52+ for Wyze Cam Pan).
Ensure your Alexa devices’ firmware is also up to
- Ensure that you authorized the correct Wyze account to your Amazon Alexa account.
- Disable and re-enable the Wyze skill.
- Ensure that the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can load a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app. If you are unable to view a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app, see Connectivity troubleshooting here.
- For additional troubleshooting, click here to refer to Amazon Alexa support.