Position, activity level, and even timing can be factors.
Here are a few tips to ensure the most accurate measurement:
- Make sure the forehead of the subject is free from sweat, cosmetics, dirt, or grease before measuring.
- User and the thermometer should be in the same ambient temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Always hold the thermometer still when taking a reading. Do not move the thermometer until you feel the final vibration.
- Don’t take a measurement while or immediately after nursing a baby.
- Users should not drink, eat, or be physically active before or while taking the measurement.
- Remove hats and wait 30 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Before taking a measurement, remove dirt or hair from the forehead area. Wait 30 minutes after cleaning before taking a measurement.
- Always take the temperature exactly as directed. Temperature results may vary if positioned in the wrong location.
Source: iHealth Labs