Your Wyze Sprinkler Controller shows as offline in the Wyze app.
- Make sure your Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab > tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes and Firmware page.
- Make sure the firmware for your Wyze Sprinkler Controller is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update. If there is an update available for the controller, please move forward with updating it.
- Check to ensure the controller’s power cable is properly connected.
- Verify that the Wi-Fi signal is strong and working properly where Wyze Sprinkler Controller is located.
- In the Wyze app, navigate to the Wyze Sprinkler page > Settings > Device Info.
- If there are less than 3 bars for Signal Strength, we would recommend using a Wi-Fi extender to increase the Wi-Fi signal.
- If you are using a mesh Wi-Fi router, we recommend renaming the SSID of the closest access point to something unique so the controller doesn't swap between access points.
- You will then need to set up the controller as new to that uniquely named Wi-Fi access point.
- Power cycle your Wyze Sprinkler Controller.
- Unplug the power adapter, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.
- Factory reset Wyze Sprinkler Controller.
- Press and hold the Reset button on the back of the controller for 10 seconds until the lights start flashing yellow.
- Set up Wyze Sprinkler Controller like new.
- Note: If you have an active subscription to Sprinkler Plus, you will need to reassign the license in the Wyze app. You can check this by going to the Account tab > Services > Sprinkler Plus.