Here are some steps to try if your Amazon device is having trouble discovering the camera:
- Ensure that your camera is a Wyze Cam v3 or v2, or a Pan v1 or v2. The original Wyze Cam v1 is not compatible with Amazon Alexa.
- Ensure that the Amazon device is compatible with the camera. It must be an: Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire Tablets and Fire TV. It’s compatible with all generations of Fire TV, all Fire TV Edition Smart TVs and Fire Tablets Gen 7 and above.
- Ensure that your camera is updated to the latest firmware version.
Ensure your Alexa devices’ firmware is also up to
- Ensure that you authorized the correct Wyze account to your Amazon Alexa account.
- Disable and re-enable the Wyze skill.
- Ensure that the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can load a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app. If you are unable to view a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app, see Connectivity troubleshooting here.
- For additional troubleshooting, click here to refer to Amazon Alexa support.