Update by 1/22/21 to continue to use Wyze Robot Vacuum and Wyze Lock.
❗ This is a critical update due to a server-side change. If you do not update the app and firmware, you will not be able to use Wyze Robot Vacuum or Wyze Lock in the app after 1/22/2021.
❗ iOS will have trouble setting up a new Wyze Robot Vacuum. We have an app update coming soon to fix this issue. This does not affect vacuums that are already set up.
What will happen if I don't update?
You will not be able to use Wyze Robot Vacuum or Wyze Lock in the Wyze app.
- You will still be able to use the vacuum using the Power and Home buttons on the device. But most features, including room mapping, map editing, and scheduling will not work.
- You will not be able to use Wyze Lock in the Wyze app. You will still be able to use the lock manually.
If you're a Wyze Robot Vacuum user, you should also update your vacuum's firmware to version 1.6.97. The app may prompt you to update or you can update from your Settings.
To update your vacuum's firmware:
- In the Wyze app, tap on your Wyze Robot Vacuum.
- Tap on the Settings gear on the top right.
- Tap Device Info > Firmware Version > Update.