Your camera has a Cam Plus license but AI detection is not working.
- Check that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- Check that your Wyze Cam’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for the camera, please move forward with updating it.
- Make sure the camera is set to record correctly.
- Go to the camera’s live stream > settings > Event Recording > toggle on Record Motion Events.
- Enable AI Events Only then tap Smart Detections and select the desired options such as Person or Vehicle.
- Ensure that notifications are enabled.
- For individual devices: In the Wyze app, navigate to the camera’s settings > Notifications.
- For the Wyze account: In the Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > Notifications > Enable Push Notifications.
- For the Wyze app: Navigate to your phone’s settings, locate the Wyze app, and enable notifications.
- Unassign the Cam Plus license from the device and reassign it back.
- You can do this in the Wyze app by going to the Account tab > Services.
- Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from its power source for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Restart your camera.
- This can be done in the camera’s settings > Restart Camera > Restart.
- Note: This option is not available for Wyze Cam Outdoor or Wyze Video Doorbell devices.
If you've followed the steps above and Smart AI detection is still not working, please submit a log to our engineers. Submit it under Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log > Account & Services > Services.