It's time to update your Wyze app to 2.22!
From our latest email on July 20, 2021:
This is a final reminder that starting July 21st 2021, we will begin gradually releasing camera firmware that is no longer supported by Wyze app versions 2.21 or lower as part of our security updates. If your app is not updated to 2.22, you will no longer be able to access your Wyze Cams after updating their firmware.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make sure my Wyze app is up to date?
- In the Wyze app, tap Account, scroll to the bottom and tap About.
- Find “vX.X.XX” under the Wyze logo.
- If it says v2.22.xx then you're up to date.
- If it's v2.21 or lower, then your app is not up to date. Visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to get the latest update.
How do I make sure you my Wyze Cam firmware is up to date?
- In the Wyze app, tap Account, then scroll down and tap Firmware Update.
- Find your Wyze Cam in the list.
- If it says Up to Date, then it's updated and all set.
- If it says Update, tap Update to get the latest firmware.
Is the 2.22 Wyze app update for my Wyze app or Wyze Cam?
Updating your Wyze app to 2.22 is to get your Wyze app to the latest version. This will ensure that you can continue using your Wyze Cam devices once you update their firmware, which will be release on July 21, 2021. This firmware includes an important security update which requires v2.22.
Is my phone or tablet compatible with the 2.22 update?
Most likely! But there are two ways you can check:
- Check your current app version in the Wyze App by going to Account > About. If your version is 2.22 already, then your device is compatible and your app is up to date.
- If you are not on version 2.22, move on to the next step.
- Check your app store.
- If you're on Android, go to the Google Play Store. If you're on iOS, go to the Apple App Store.
- Try to update the Wyze app. If you see a message that your device or OS version is not compatible, then your device is not compatible.
Which devices are not compatible?
All device OS versions lower than Android 7.0 and iOS 12.0 will not be compatible.
My device is compatible, but I don't have the option to update.
Chances are, you're already up to date! We rolled out this update on July 12th and 13th, and gave you a little extra time to prepare for the update. Check your version in the Wyze app under Account > About.
What will happen if I don't update to 2.22?
The next time you update your Wyze Cam firmware, you will no longer be able to access your Wyze Cams in the Wyze app. You will still be able to use other devices, but your older app version will no longer be supported and you won't be able to get the latest firmware or security features for Wyze Cam.
I can't update my Wyze app. What can I do?
Hope is not lost! Switch to a newer device, or find a secondary device that you have the Wyze app on. It may be on a slightly newer OS and able to update to the Wyze app.
Learn more about this update, and find even more answers, in our Community.