Problem: Sees “update failed” when trying to update the firmware for the Wyze light strip.
- Update your Wyze app in your mobile app store.
- Force close your Wyze app.
- Sign out of the app and sign back in.
- Reboot your WiFi router.
- Power cycle your light strip, by turning the light strip off and turning it back on with the remote.
- Try a factory reset and set your Wyze strip back up as a new device. .
- Before performing this step, please send us an app log and take note of the ID it generates for you, just in case you have to send that information to us.
- In the Wyze app, go to the Account tab
- Tap Wyze Support > Submit a log
- Choose the Wyze Light Strip > Connectivity Issues
- Enter the details, and make sure send log files is checked off. Then tap Submit.
- To perform a factory reset, Press and hold the side button on the controller for 7+ seconds until the strip starts pulsing.
If these steps don’t resolve your issue, please take note of your generated app log ID and reach out to Wyze support for further assistance.