Having issues with your Wyze Cam Outdoor's battery life? If you're experiencing poor performance, or needing to charge our device often, try the tips in this article.
Wyze Cam Outdoor is losing battery life quickly, and needs to be charged often.
- Reposition your camera.
- Place the camera in a low traffic area if Motion Detection is enabled.
- Review your outdoor camera's Events.
- An excessive amount of event videos could result in faster battery drain. With normal use (10 12-second recordings a day), the Wyze Cam Outdoor's rechargeable battery can last up to 3-6 months between each charge.
- Review your recording settings.
- Persistent Time Lapse videos and Scheduled Recordings can affect your battery life. With scheduled recording, the battery can last up to 8-10 hours.
- Check your charging cables.
- Make sure that you are using the Wyze-supplied charging cable and Wyze Base Station to charge your camera.
- Test your charger.
- Wyze Cam Outdoor requires a minimum of 5v/2A to charge properly. If you have a known working adapter that meets this criteria, you can use it to test and rule out possible issues with the cable.
- Check your charging port.
- Inspect the charging port for any obstructions before inserting the USB cable firmly into the charging port.
- Inspect your Base Station.
- Is your Base Station plugged into power and turned on?