Wyze Robot Vacuum is not responding to Alexa. I say a voice command and nothing happens.
Quick tip: Find the official list of Alexa utterances in the Wyze app, at Wyze Robot Vacuum > Settings > Alexa Support > How to voice control.
- Make sure your Wyze app version is up to date.
- Make sure robot vacuum's firmware is up to date.
- Check that you have Alexa enabled for your Wyze Robot Vacuum:
- In the Wyze app, tap on your Wyze Robot Vacuum.
- Tap Settings, then Alexa Support.
- Follow the instructions to add and use the Alexa skill for Wyze Robot Vacuum.
- Make sure you have the Amazon Alexa app installed on your phone.
- Check that you have added the Wyze skill in the Alexa app.
- If you have multiple Wyze accounts, be sure that your Alexa app is connected to the account with your robot vacuum on it.
- Try using the Alexa app to make the command (rather than an Echo speaker).
- In the Alexa app, tap "Tap to enable Alexa" and give the voice commend. If this is successful, then your Wyze device and the Alexa app are connected.
- If you are still having issues, the Alexa app may be experiencing server issues. Wyze cannot control these issues. Try to reboot your Echo device by unplugging and re-plugging in the power, then attempt the voice command again once it reconnects.
- Try disable and re-enable the Wyze skill in the Alexa app.
- Make sure the Echo device you're using has been set up and is connected to the Alexa app.
- Check that the Echo device is online by asking Alexa a question.