Wyze Gun Safe fails to unlock when using the access code.
- Check to see that your Wyze app and the gun safe’s firmware are both up to date.
- To upgrade your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About. The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze Logo. You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes and Firmware Page.
- To upgrade the gun safe’s firmware, go to Account > Firmware Upgrade. Here you will be able to see if you have the newest version.
- Make sure you are entering the correct access code. After inputting the code, the numbers on the keypad will light up.
- Green = The code is correct.
- Red = The code is incorrect or incomplete.
- Power cycle Wyze Gun Safe by removing the batteries for 5 seconds and then reinserting the batteries.
- If sound is enabled for the gun safe, verify that the gun safe beeps after every input.
- Firmly press each button to successfully complete each input (this is extra important if the sound is disabled).
- If you’ve forgotten your pin, change it in the Wyze app.
- In the Wyze app, select the Wyze Gun Safe > Settings > Access Codes > Reset Code.
- Factory reset Wyze Gun Safe.
- To factory reset, open your Wyze Gun Safe, press the pairing button for about 3 seconds until you hear a beep, and attempt setup again.