You can add a fingerprint at any time! We recommend using the thumb on your dominant hand.
To add a fingerprint:
- In the Wyze app, select Wyze Lock Bolt.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Access Settings.
- Select Add Fingerprint.
- If you haven't already, you’ll need to accept the Fingerprint Permission Request pop-up.
- Place your finger on the fingerprint scanner then lift your finger off the fingerprint scanner.
- If there is no beep, check that the Wyze Lock Bolt has new batteries and that they are installed correctly.
- Rotate your finger slightly, then place your finger on the fingerprint scanner again. Repeat this process until the scanning process is complete (8/8 scans).
Please note that all 8 scans must be completed within 40 seconds or you will see a timeout message and will have to start over. Here’s a demo of scanning your fingerprint: Setting up your keypad