The firmware update for your Wyze Garage Door Controller fails.
- Confirm the Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab and tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If possible, confirm the firmware is up to date for both your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller.
- You can check this by going to Account > Firmware update.
- If there is an update available for your camera and/or garage door controller, please move forward with the update.
- Power cycle your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller by unplugging both from your power source and plugging them back in.
- If there is a microSD card inserted in the camera, remove it and attempt the firmware update again.
- Try moving the router or Wi-Fi extender closer to the device for the update.
- Reboot your router and try again.
- Factory reset Wyze Cam v3 and set up both devices like new.
- If there is a microSD card inserted, remove it.
- With your Wyze Cam v3 plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset the camera.
- Wait at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize.
- This process can take up to 5 minutes. It's rare, but it's possible.
- The LED status light on the device will change from Solid Red to Flashing Red.
- Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller are now ready to be set up again.