My Wyze Garage Door Controller is failing to follow any set schedule.
- Confirm the Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab and tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If possible, confirm the firmware is up to date for both your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller.
- You can check this by going to Account > Firmware update.
- If there is an update available for your camera and/or garage door controller, please move forward with the update.
- Make sure your garage door opener is functioning properly by testing the existing wall button or remote.
- If your garage door opener is not opening or closing, make sure the door safety sensors on each corner of the garage door are not blocked by any obstacles.
- Power cycle your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller by unplugging both from their power source and plugging them back in.
- Factory reset your Wyze Cam v3 and set up both devices like new.
- If there is a microSD card inserted, remove it.
- With Wyze Cam v3 plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset the camera.
- Wait at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize.
- This process can take up to 5 minutes.
- The LED status light on the device will change from Solid Red to Flashing Red.
- Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller are now ready to be set up again.