Your Wyze Thermostat and Wyze Room Sensor are located in the same room but they are showing different temperatures.
Note: It is normal for Wyze Room Sensor(s) and Wyze Thermostat to show different temperatures, particularly when the devices are placed at different areas in a room. However, if there is an extreme temperature difference between the devices, try the troubleshooting steps below.
- Check that your Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab and tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- Confirm the firmware for both your Wyze Thermostat and Wyze Room Sensor are up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for your thermostat, please move forward with the update.
- Make sure that your Wyze Room Sensor and Wyze Thermostat are not located in direct sunlight, near heat sources or cold sources (i.e. TV, cooktop, fireplace, or air vents).
- Place your Wyze Room Sensor closer to Wyze Thermostat and wait a few minutes.
- If both devices have a temperature difference less than or equal to 2 degrees, that’s normal. If the temperature difference is higher, use the temperature correction of the thermostat to adjust the thermostat temperature reading.