Yes, it can optimize the backhaul path even if wired or over Wi-Fi.
Thanks to Wyze Intelligent Mesh, the mesh router automatically optimizes the backhaul path regardless of if it's a wired or Wi-Fi connection.
To set up a wired backhaul:
- Place your mesh routers next to each other and complete setup in the Wyze app.
- This process can only be done via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology.
- After the routers are set up and operational, move them to the locations where you want them to be connected to the Ethernet backhaul.
- All root and satellite routers must be wired to the same Ethernet backhaul for this feature to work.
- After the routers are connected to the same backhaul network, use the Wyze app to confirm that the routers are properly connected.