The camera's built-in spotlight doesn't turn on when motion or sound is detected.
- Check that both the Wyze app and Wyze Cam v3 Pro firmware are up to date.
- Ensure motion and sound recordings are enabled.
- Check this under Settings > Event Recording > Record motion events / Record sound events.
- Ensure the camera’s built-in spotlight is set to turn on when motion or sound is detected.
- Go to the camera’s Settings > Spotlight Settings > Auto > select Motion is detected by camera / Sound is detected by camera.
- Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from its power source for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
Send a log from the Wyze app.
- Note the Log ID.
- Factory reset the camera and set it up as a new device. (Only do this after sending a log first!)
- Remove any microSD card inserted in the camera.
- With the camera plugged into power, press and hold the SETUP button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds until the status light on the front of the camera turns solid red.
- Once the status light starts flashing red, set up the camera as new.
Once the camera is set back up, enable the spotlight by going to Settings > Spotlight Settings > Spotlight Control.