The steps below apply to both the Wyze Motion Sensor and Contact Sensor products.
To replace the battery:
- Locate the Pin included in your Starter kit, or a similar thin, flat-edged tool.
- With the flat side of the tool, open the battery cover.
- Remove the old battery.
- Wait 20 seconds.
- Insert the new battery with the positive side ( + ) up and visible.
- Wait for the sensor status light to flash once.
- If it does not flash after a few seconds, return to step 4.
- Replace the battery cover.
- You're all set!
Important: Waiting until the battery dies may result in the sensor being unusable even when the battery is replaced. Replace the battery as soon as you see the "Low Battery" warning.
If a sensor of yours has died and is unable to connect even after replacing the battery, please contact our support team for help.
For additional information, check the full issue description here.
What battery type do I need?
There is a different battery for the Motion Sensor and the Contact Sensor.
- Battery life: The original battery in your device should last 12 months. If stored or placed in an area with a temperature below 32°F, battery life may be reduced.
- You'll see an alert on the Wyze Sense screen when a sensor gets a low battery.
- Check the status of your battery by tapping the gear icon and selecting Device Info.
- Sensor not working? Make sure that the battery is placed in the correct orientation (the positive side(+) should be visible after the battery is inserted), and is fully seated.