Wyze has partnered with IFTTT (If This Then That) to let users connect Wyze Cam to other apps and devices.
What is IFTTT?
IFTTT is an app that lets you use Applets, which are tiny programs that you can create that use triggers (the “Ifs”) to execute actions (the “Then Thats”). Here are some examples and scenarios where you can enable Wyze Cam and IFTTT:
- Turn on camera and motion detection when you are not home (geofencing)
- Turn off alert videos every weekend
- Send alert notifications to your email
- Any scenario that you can imagine!
Watch this video to learn more about applets and IFTTT:
Using Wyze Cam and IFTTT
Wyze Cam has a few triggers and actions it can use with IFTTT. There are four possible triggers with the Wyze Cam and Wyze Cam Pan: motion, sound, CO alarm, and smoke alarm. There are eight possible actions: turn on/off motion alerts, turn on/off push notifications, turn on/off camera, restart camera, and upload an alert video to the cloud.
Setting up IFTTT
To start using IFTTT, you must first create an account. Here is how you go about that:
- Enter https://ifttt.com/ in the address bar of a browser or download the IFTTT app in Google Play or the App Store.
- Sign up for an IFTTT account and follow the prompts to create an account.
- To link your Wyze account in IFTTT, search for Wyze and look under the Services tab. Or follow this link: https://ifttt.com/wyzecam
- Press the Connect button and login to your Wyze Account.
Now that you are signed up to IFTTT and have it connected to the Wyze App, you can start working with applets. A great way to get started and see the potential of the integration is to implement a Wyze applet created by another user. You can find a current list of applets here. To add these applets, follow these steps. You can also check out our Get more section or do a search 🔎 on what you're looking for.
Creating your own Applets
IFTTT also allows you creating your own Applets. You can visit https://ifttt.com/create and click on the "+ This" to start creating. On the mobile app, you can select Get more from the main screen, and visit Make more Applets from scratch.
To learn more about Applets click here for support articles by IFTTT.
If you want to go deeper into developing your own Applets, sign up with IFTTT Platform and check out there support article on creating Applets.