Wyze devices can be paired with and controlled by voice assistants including Google Assistant. Once set up, you can use your voice to command Google Assistant to control your Wyze Cam.
Before setting up Google Assistant with your device:
- Download the Google Home app (iOS/Android).
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the + icon.
- Tap Set up device.
- Tap Works with Google.
- Search for "Wyze Home" in the list and sign in to your Wyze account.
To add a Wyze Cam to your Google Home:
The Google Home app automatically links with devices on your Wyze account. Your Wyze Cam should already be added!
In the Google Home app, scroll and check the devices under Linked to you. Your device should be in that list.
Voice commands for Google Assistant:
To view your camera's Live stream:
- “OK Google, show me (camera name) on (casting device name)”
- “OK Google, show my (camera name) on (casting device name)”
- “OK Google, show the (camera name) on (casting device name)”
- “OK Google, show (camera name) on (casting device name)”
Note: You can substitute "OK Google" with "Hey Google".
To stop viewing your camera's Live stream:
- “OK Google, stop”
To check if your camera is on:
- "OK Google, is (camera name) on?"
To turn on your camera:
- "OK Google, turn on (camera name)"
- Viewing the Live stream is not supported in the Google Home app.
- The Wyze Integration with Google Assistant is only supported in the US.
- Google Nest Home Hub, or Chromecast-enabled devices are supported. The skill will not work on devices that don’t have video capabilities, such as the Google Home Mini.
- The Wyze integration works with all cameras that are connected to your Wyze account, including cameras shared by other Wyze users.
- 2-Way Audio or pan/tilt/zoom is not supported.
- The camera’s Live stream will be displayed on your device for 10 minutes before it automatically stops. To continue streaming, repeat the voice command.
- Tip: Assign your camera an easily pronounceable name, such as “Garage” or “Living Room.”
- If your camera is turned off, Google Assistant won’t be able to access the live stream. Open the Wyze app and turn on your camera before giving a voice command to Google Assistant.