Installing your Wyze Switch is as simple as shutting off power to your current switch, replacing it with Wyze Switch, and turning the power back on. As long as you have basic electrical wiring knowledge, or can get help, it should take about 20 minutes.
The switch you replace must be single-pole and must have a neutral wire.
- Your switch is single-pole if it is the only one that controls the fixture it works with. If multiple switches can control the fixture (ex. the top and bottom of the stairs) then it is not compatible.
- You most likely have neutral wiring if your house was built after 1980. The only way to know for sure is to check your wiring. If you do not have a neutral wire, then your wiring is not compatible.
What’s in the Box:
- Wyze Switch x 1
- Wall Plate x 1
- Setup Kit x 1
- Accessory Wire x 1
- Wire Nuts x 2
- Wire Label Sheet x 1
- Mounting Screws x 2
- Quick Start Guide x 1
Tools you will need:
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- Tools you might need:
- Wire Stripper
- Voltage Tester
To install your Wyze Switch:
- In the Wyze app, tap Home, then tap the + plus sign on the top left.
- Tap Add Device.
- Tap Power & Lighting > Wyze Switch.
- Read the High-Voltage Wiring warning. Tap Next.
- Confirm that you are replacing a single pole switch with neutral wiring. Tap Next.
- If you are not sure, tap Help Me Check.
- Related article: How do I know if I have a neutral wire?
- Remove Wyze Switch and the contents from the package. Make sure that you have all the items in the box, as well as a flathead screwdriver. Tap Begin.
Proceed with the steps in the video below, following along in the Wyze app.