While setting up Wyze Cam Pan v3, your camera does not scan the QR code displayed on your phone. It does not say "QR code scanned."
Note: The QR codes generated in the Wyze app are only valid for 5 minutes. If you have been trying to scan your QR code for 5 minutes or more, please restart the setup process.
- Make sure you are scanning the QR code displayed in the Wyze app.
- Ensure you have removed any plastic film that may be on the lens of the camera.
- Make sure the lens of the camera is not dirty.
- Gently wipe the camera lens with a soft cloth to remove any dust or debris.
- Make sure your phone/tablet screen is not too dark or scratched/cracked/shattered.
- Ensure the environment is not so bright that it causes glares on the phone/tablet screen.
- Make sure the full QR code is visible.
- If the QR code takes up most of the screen or part of it is cut off, disable the text/font enlarger feature in your phone/tablet’s settings before trying again.
- If you’re using an iOS device, temporarily disable “smart invert” or “classic invert” for the setup process.
- Ensure there are no pop-ups covering the QR code.
- Make sure the camera is not too close or too far away to see the QR code. The best distance is about 5 inches.
- You can try holding the QR code and camera about 3 inches apart, hold for a second, move to 4 inches apart, hold, and continue until 12 inches apart.
- Place the phone/tablet on a flat surface like a table and move the camera to adjust the distance between the QR code and camera between 3-12 inches apart.
- Try holding the QR code upside down and repeat steps 9-10.
- Factory reset the camera and then set it up as new.
- Remove any microSD card inserted in the camera.
- With the camera plugged into power, rotate the lens of the camera so it is facing up and single-press SETUP for 10 seconds until the status light on the front of the camera lens turns solid red.
- Once the status light starts flashing red, set up the camera as new.
- If possible, try setting the camera up using a different phone/tablet.