Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not complete setup or gets stuck at the “Select your Network” step.
- Confirm your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, go to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed here on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- Check that the camera’s status light is flashing red and that there's a “ready to connect” voice prompt after pressing the setup button.
- The status light for Wyze Cam Pan v3 is at the front of the camera.
- If the camera status light shows as solid red, please follow the steps listed in My camera’s status light shows as solid red.
- If the camera does not show a status light, please follow the steps listed in My Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not power on.
- If it doesn't say “ready to connect,” please follow the steps listed in There are no voice prompts during setup.
- Make sure that your phone/tablet is connected to the same 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network that you are entering at the Select your network step and you are entering your SSID (Wi-Fi name) correctly.
- Wyze Cam pan v3 is not compatible with 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks.
- The SSID is case-sensitive and there should be no space before or after the SSID.
- The SSID should automatically populate if you are connected to Wi-Fi. If it does not auto-populate, it can indicate the phone/tablet that is being used for setup is not connected to Wi-Fi.
- Check that you are entering the Wi-Fi password correctly.
- You can tap on the eye icon to view the password you’re entering.
- Check that your device has location permissions enabled for the Wyze app.
- If using iOS, ensure local network permissions are turned on in the phone/tablet’s settings.
- Make sure the camera and phone/tablet are close to the router for setup (within 6-10 feet).
- Forget your Wi-Fi network on your phone/tablet and rejoin the network. Then try setting up the camera again.
- Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from its power source for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Factory reset the camera and then set it up as new.
- Remove any microSD card inserted in the camera.
- With the camera plugged into power, rotate the lens of the camera so it is facing up and single-press SETUP for 10 seconds until the status light on the front of the camera lens turns solid red.
- Once the status light starts flashing red, set up the camera as new.
- Reboot your router.