Wyze Bulb is a smart bulb you can control with your mobile device using the Wyze app. It can also be paired with a Wyze Sense sensor and a Wyze Cam to automatically turn on the lights.
If you're setting up your Wyze Bulbs with a multi-way switch/socket, check out some alternate setup methods here.
To set up your Wyze Bulb:
- In the Wyze app, tap Home, then tap + plus sign on the top left.
- Tap Add Device.
- Tap Power & Lighting > Wyze Bulb.
- Install your Wyze Bulb in the lamp or light socket that will be powering it.
- Manually turn the light on and off 3 times. The Wyze Bulb will begin to pulse.
- In the Wyze app, select your WiFi network and enter your network password. Tap Next.
- On the next screen you'll be prompted to connect to the Wyze Bulb network Tap Choose WiFi.
- The network looks like: wyze_smartbulb_apxxx
- Tap Next and select the Wyze Bulb’s Wi-Fi, and Connect.
- You will be taken back to the Wyze app, where you’ll see a timer for the connection.
- Once the Wyze Bulb finishes connecting, it will stop pulsing. The app will prompt you to name the device to finish the setup.
- When you're brought back to the Home screen, you're all set!
- During setup, if the Bulb doesn't start pulsing after turning the light on/off 3 times, try again while make sure that the bulb turns all the way on after each flip of the switch. Wait at least 5 seconds after the 3rd cycle to see if the Bulb begins pulsing.
- If you have your Wyze Bulb in a socket that’s controlled by a dimmer switch, ensure that the switch is set to maximum brightness.
- For iOS, make sure the Location Services permission is enabled for the Wyze app.
- Open the Settings app, then Privacy > Location Services.
- Scroll down to the Wyze app, tap to open it, then select Always.
- For Android, when connecting to the Wyze Bulb network, be sure to stay connected to the WiFi network when prompted that the network doesn't have an internet connection, instead of switching to mobile data. If you switch to mobile data or close the prompt, the setup process will stop.