Wyze Plug can be integrated with Amazon Alexa to let you control anything you have plugged into it.
Before setting up Alexa with your device:
- Download the Amazon Alexa app. (iOS/ Android)
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Add the Wyze Skill.
- Tap More > Skills & Games, search for "Wyze" and select it from the list.
- Tap Enable to Use.
- Sign in to your Wyze account to link your account.
- Tap Close. You're ready to use the Wyze Skill.
To pair your Wyze Plug with Alexa:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and tap Discover Devices.*
- After Alexa finds your plug, it'll be listed under Devices in the Smart Home section of the Alexa app.
To remove the Wyze Skill from Alexa:
Don't want your Wyze devices to work with Alexa anymore? Unlinking your account only takes a second. You can remove it two ways:
- In the Wyze app, tap Account > Smart Integrations > Alexa. Tap Unlink.
- In the Alexa app, tap Devices > Your Smart Home Skills > Wyze > Settings. Tap Disable Skill.
Voice Commands for Alexa
To turn your plug on/off:
You can use a voice command to turn on or off a specific Plug.
- "Alexa, turn (plug name) off."
- "Alexa, turn (plug name) on."
To change your Wyze Plug's name:
If your plug's name is a little complicated, it maybe hard for Alexa to hear it properly and follow your command. There are two ways to change your bulb's name:
In the Wyze app:
- Tap on your Wyze Plug > Settings > Name. Edit the plug name.
- So Alexa can learn the new name, go to the Alexa App and tap Devices > + plus sign > Add Device. Alexa will automatically discover your devices and the new plug name.
In the Alexa app:
Tap Devices > Plugs and tap on your plug. Tap the Settings gear, then Edit Name.
- This will not change the name in the Wyze app.
- Tap Devices > Plugs and tap on your plug. Tap the Settings gear, then Edit Name.
- The Wyze skill works with all plugs that are connected to your Wyze account, including plugs shared by other Wyze users.
- Assign your plug an easily pronounceable name, such as “Garage plug” or “Living Room”.
- If power to your plug is turned off using the light switch, or due to a power outage, Alexa will not be able to access the plug to turn it on or off.