RTSP was considered a beta feature and we are currently assessing the path forward as the firmware versions have aged quite a bit. We have removed the firmware files for these versions for now and we’ll update the pages when plans are finalized. Please note that firmware files take a while to work on and test so you may not see an update in the near future. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Yes, to set up RTSP on your Wyze Cam v3:
- Download the Wyze Cam v3 RTSP file.
- Transfer the ‘demo_wcv3.bin’ file to a microSD card's root directory.
- Unplug your Wyze Cam v3 and insert the prepared microSD card.
Hold the camera's SETUP button while plugging in the USB cable and continue to hold the SETUP button until the light turns solid purple.
Note: Both the blue and red LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a solid purple.
- Note: Both the blue and red LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a solid purple.
- Once the light is solid purple, release the SETUP button and wait 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot, and the status light will change during this time.
- Once complete, your Wyze Cam v3 should be on your Home tab. You won't need to go through the setup process again, as long as the cam was previously paired with your account.
How to Start Using RTSP:
- Once your Wyze Cam v3 is back online, you can access the RTSP function from the live stream (Wyze app version 2.3 or later) under Settings > Advanced Settings > RTSP.
- The app will automatically check if the installed firmware version is RTSP compatible. If not, please repeat the installation process above.
- Next, turn on the RTSP toggle.
You'll be prompted to set up a username and password for this camera.
- Both the username and password should be 4 - 10 characters without special characters (only a-z, and 0-9).
- The username and password is unique to this camera. Use something that's easy to remember or take note of them somewhere, as these will be needed to access the camera's stream via RTSP.
- Tap Generate URL, and the RTSP URL will show on the next screen. Use this for streaming through any RTSP compatible player on the same local network as your Wyze Cam.
- Cam Plus is included on the RTSP firmware for Wyze Cam v3. However, there can be video lag if both functions are streaming video at the same time. We do not recommend running Cam Plus on the RTSP firmware.
- Learn more about RTSP here: Wyze Cam RTSP.