To install a microSD card in a Wyze Cam v3:
- Pull the base away from the bottom of your camera.
- Lift and pull aside the protective cover labeled SD CARD.
- Insert the microSD card into the slot, pressing it in fully until it clicks.
- The metal contact pins must be facing upwards (see below).
- Replace the protective SD CARD cover.
Is Wyze Cam v3 compatible with larger microSD cards?
Yes, Wyze Cam v3 is compatible with large microSD cards. However, Wyze Cam v3 is only compatible* with microSD cards in formats FAT32 and exFAT.
FAT32: Wyze Cam v3 supports cards size 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB.
exFAT: Wyze Cam v3 supports cards size 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB**.
* This compatibility is only available using Wyze Cam v3 firmware 18.104.22.168 or newer.
** We have tested with cards up to 256GB when formatted as exFAT. Even larger cards may work, but this has not been tested on our end.