Yes, you can downgrade your Car Cam back to a v2.
You can update and revert your camera's firmware in the Wyze Car app and directly on the camera.
Wyze Car app:
- In the Wyze Car app, tap the profile icon on the top right to go to My Account.
- Tap Switch Camera Mode > Use Camera Mode.
- Do not turn off your camera during the update.
- You're all set!
On the camera:
- Go to the Release Notes page to get the firmware files for Wyze Cam v2.
- Download a specific version of firmware. For Windows 10: Right-click on the folder and select extract all. For Mac: Drag and drop the folder, put it on the root directory of your microSD card. The file name should be recovery_wcpv2.bin.
- Power off your camera and insert your microSD card.
- Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid purple, then release the button.
- Note: For "Solid Purple" both the blue and red LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a solid purple.
- Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
- Once this is done, your camera should be functioning with the original setup. No need to re-setup your camera!