You received a high temperature warning notification informing you that your Wyze Plug has turned off due to high temperature.
There are a few reasons why this could occur:
- Your Wyze Plug is being used with an appliance that is rated for greater than 15 A. Wyze Plug has a max load of 15 A.
- There are high temperatures in the environment around the plug. This can happen if the plug is near a heating outlet or is in direct sunlight.
- Not enough ventilation and space around the device. Make sure there isn't any furniture up against the plug.
To troubleshoot this issue:
- Use the tips above to ensure that your Wyze Plug is being used properly.
- Power cycle the plug.
- Remove the plug from the outlet. Wait 5 seconds, then plug it back in again.
- If the warning appears again after the plug reboots, submit a log to our engineers.
In the Wyze app, tap Account > Wyze Support > Submit a log > Wyze Plug.