Your Wyze Plug is unable to be set up.
- Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- Be sure to follow the steps in our Wyze Plug Setup Guide exactly.
- Make sure the plug, phone/tablet, and router are close together for setup (within 6-10 feet).
- Check that BluetoothⓇ is enabled for the Wyze app in your phone/tablet settings.
- Toggle BluetoothⓇ off/on.
- Note: If you bought your plug in 2021 or later, BluetoothⓇ pairing should be completed automatically.
- Verify that Location Permissions are enabled for the Wyze app in your phone/tablet settings.
- Make sure that it is set to Always or While Using the App.
- For iOS users, make sure that Precise Location is turned on.
- Ensure that your phone/tablet is connected to the same 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network that you are entering at the “Select your network” step and that you’re entering the SSID (Wi-Fi name) correctly.
- The SSID is case-sensitive and there should be no extra spaces before or after the SSID.
- The SSID should automatically populate if you’re connected to Wi-Fi. If it does not auto-populate, it can indicate the phone/tablet that is being used for setup is not connected to Wi-Fi.
- Check that you are entering the Wi-Fi password correctly.
- You can tap on the eye icon to view the password you are entering.
- Factory reset your Wyze Plug.
- Press and hold the on/off button on the side of the plug until the status light begins to flash blue.
- Once the status light begins to flash blue, walk through setting up Wyze Plug like new.