Wyze Sense Starter Kit includes 1 Wyze Sense Bridge, 2 Wyze Sense Contact Sensors, and 1 Wyze Sense Motion Sensor v1. Wyze Sense Bridge acts as a hub that allows your sensors to connect to your home's Wi-Fi via a Wyze Cam v1, Wyze Cam v2, or Wyze Cam Pan v1. Wyze Sense can be used to answer questions like "Did I leave the garage door open?" or "Is anyone still in the living room?" If you have a Wyze Sense Starter Kit, you can add more sensors and use the same Wyze Sense Bridge.
Pairing a Bridge to your Wyze Cam
The first thing you have to do when setting up your Wyze Sense Starter Kit is pair the bridge with a Wyze Cam. Wyze Sense Bridge is the square piece that plugs into your Wyze Cam via the USB port in the back of your Wyze Cam v1, Wyze Cam v2, or Wyze Cam Pan v1. Once the light on the bridge turns solid blue, it’s fully paired.
Adding a Sensor
Once your Wyze Sense Bridge is paired, you can add a Wyze Sense Motion Sensor v1 or Wyze Sense Contact Sensor to your account using the Wyze app.
To add a sensor:
- Open the Wyze app.
- Check your camera’s firmware to make sure it’s up to date.
- Go to Account on the bottom and then tap Firmware Upgrade.
- From the Home tab of the Wyze app, tap the + plus sign in the top left.
- Select Add Device.
- Tap Sensors > Wyze Contact Sensor or Wyze Motion Sensor.
- On the next screen, select the camera you want to connect your sensor to.
- Use the included Reset Pin to poke the reset button on the sensor you’re adding, and hold it in until you see the red light flash at least 3 times.
- Name the sensor when prompted and test it out in the spot where you want to place it before using the adhesive backing.
- On the Things to Try page, select Create or edit a device group to organize your Wyze devices into new or existing groups, or select Share this device to give family and friends access to your new Wyze device.
- Tap Skip to do this later.
- You’re all set. Enjoy your new Wyze device!
Placing a Sensor
Now that you have added the sensor with the Wyze app, the sensors can be attached with the included adhesive on the back of the sensor.
Wyze Sense Contact Sensor has two parts. The larger side houses the tech, with the magnetic switch being located on its straight edge. You can place the smaller part of the sensor in any orientation as long as it’s within 2 mm of this switch.
Wyze Sense Motion Sensor v1 detects heat from objects moving at distances up to 26 feet and a horizontal detection angle of 120°. The sensor is designed to detect at a slight downward angle. In most cases, it's best to have the Wyze logo facing upright when placing the sensor and mounting the sensor at approximately 6 feet high.
Mount by cleaning the surface and removing the paper from the adhesive backing before placing it. Keep in mind that the adhesive should be considered permanent, so make sure it’s where you want the sensor prior to mounting!