A factory reset deletes the settings file on the camera and rolls it back to the default settings. It can also be performed as a troubleshooting step for restoring a device to a previous working status if issues arise.
To factory reset your Wyze Cam v3:
- If you have a microSD card inserted, remove it.
- With the Wyze Cam plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset the camera.
- Wait at least 30 seconds for the unit to initiate.
- This process can take up to 5 minutes. It's rare, but it's possible.
- The LED status light on the device will change from Solid Red to Flashing Red.
- The device is now ready to be set up again.
- Check out the Wyze Cam Setup Guide to set up your Wyze Cam.