The LED status light on the front of your Wyze Cam v3 can be used to pinpoint issues. In this article, we'll look at the different light indications and how to troubleshoot them.
Solid Red Light on Wyze Cam v3
There are a few reasons why the status light on Wyze Cam v3 might stay red.
- Does it happen immediately following a firmware upgrade, or was this camera's firmware upgraded recently? If this sounds like the case and you have a MicroSD card handy for troubleshooting, try flashing the firmware by following the instructions in this link: Firmware Flashing Instructions.
- Check to see if you are using the power cable and wall plug that came in the box. If you are NOT, please switch to the power cable and wall plug that came with the camera to see if this resolves the issue.
- If you are using the power cable and wall plug that came with the camera, please try using a different power cable (micro USB) and wall plug if you have one available. Occasionally we see a defect with the power cable and wall plug. If the camera works using a different power cable and wall plug, please contact us. Include your order number and shipping address in addition to any troubleshooting steps you've tried.
- If your camera is still unresponsive and has a solid red status light after troubleshooting, please contact us. Include your order number and shipping address in addition to any troubleshooting steps you've tried.
Flashing Red, Red and Blue, or Blue Light
Use the same troubleshooting steps whenever the status light is flashing unexpectedly.
- Power cycle the camera by unplugging the power and plugging it back in.
If the camera continues flashing red but never reconnects, set the camera up as a new device.
- In the Wyze app, tap Home then the + plus sign. Then tap Add Device > Cameras and select Wyze Cam v3. Follow the prompts to set up your camera as new.
Solid Blue Light on Wyze Cam v3
A solid blue light on Wyze Cam v3 usually indicates that the device has properly been set up. If you get a solid blue light yet the setup has failed, try following these troubleshooting steps:
- Force close the app, reload it, then retry the connection.
- If that doesn't help, power cycle the camera. Then open the app and try to connect or set up the camera again.
- If the issue continues, change your internet connection type from either Wi-Fi or mobile data to the other.
- Try power cycling the router that Wyze Cam v3 is connected to. After the router comes back online, try to connect / set up your Wyze Cam v3 again.
If the camera continues to fail to connect, reach out to our Wyze Wizards for more assistance. You may be asked to Submit a log to our developers.
No Status Light on Wyze Cam v3
- If your camera is not showing an LED status light, and it doesn't play a voice prompt "Ready to connect" when you press the SETUP button, try another power cord and wall plug. Be sure to use the power cord and wall plug included with the camera.
- If the voice prompt plays when you press the SETUP button, and setup is successful, navigate to Camera Settings > Advanced Settings > Toggle Camera Status Light Off/On to manually turn the LED on.