Changing the HEPA filter can be done in a few quick steps:
- Press the green button at the front of the handguard to release the dust bin.
- Remove the dust bin, and pull the HEPA filter out from the top.
- From underneath the dust bin, twist the filter housing counter-clockwise, then pull to remove it.
- Clean the filter housing by tapping it over a trash can to remove larger debris, then rinsing it with clean water.
- Reinsert the filter housing and twist clockwise to secure it.
- Place the HEPA filter back in the top of the housing (or replace with a new one as necessary), pressing firmly to make sure it’s seated.
- Place the dust bin back onto the motor housing, making sure it snaps back into place against the handguard.
Note: The HEPA filter can also be rinsed with water, but needs to be dried completely before being reinstalled.