Skip to main content
Light Strip(Pro) Setup Troubleshooting
- Make sure you're following the steps in the setup guide, here.
- You’ll also need to make sure your app firmware is up to date.
- Navigate to the Account tab > Tap About
- Your app version will be listed beneath the Wyze Logo.
- Navigate to our Release Notes and Firmware Page to compare your app firmware with the latest firmware available.
- If your app is not up to date, head over to the app store on your phone/tablet device to update the Wyze app.
- Check to make sure your phone/tablet is connected to a 2.4 GHz WiFi network.
- Wyze products are not compatible with 5 GHz WiFi networks.
- Turn your Bluetooth off and turn it back on.
- Factory reset the light strip, and try setup.
- To perform a factory reset, press and hold the side button on the controller for 7+ seconds until the strip starts pulsing.
- The following permissions have to be allowed in your phone/tablet settings in order to set up a new Wyze device:
- Location Permissions - Navigate to your Privacy settings to find this permission.
- Local Network Permissions - iOS users only - Navigate to your Privacy settings to find this permission.
Have more questions? Submit a request