Your Wyze Lock Bolt does not auto-lock after a specific amount of time.
- Make sure that your Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab > tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes and Firmware Page.
- Check that your Wyze Lock Bolt’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware update.
- If there is an update available for the lock, please move forward with updating it.
- Sign out of the Wyze app, force close the app, then sign back in.
- Make sure you are within Bluetooth connection range (16 feet or less) and that you are giving a few seconds for the Wyze Lock Bolt to connect to your phone.
- The connection can be confirmed if the Wyze Lock Bolt home page says “Connected”, or if the Wyze Lock Bolt’s settings have completely black text (gray text indicates connecting has not finished).
- Check the settings for Auto-Lock and ensure it is enabled.
- Go to the Wyze Lock Bolt’s Device Page > Settings > Auto-Lock.
- Check that “Disable during hours” is not set to the time that the Wyze Lock Bolt is set to auto-lock.
- Note: In the hours outside of the disable auto-lock hours, you must “trigger” the lock by locking it manually or via the Wyze app during that time. Then it will work as expected. This is designed to prevent being locked out.
- Power cycle your Wyze Lock Bolt.
- Take off the battery cover, then take out one battery and put it back in. Wait a few seconds until you hear a beep indicating the lock bolt is powered on again.
- Warning: if you press the pairing button and take out the battery during the pairing period, the lock bolt will delete everything stored in the device (all the users and settings). Don’t do pairing and power cycling at the same time. Wait for re-pairing to finish first.
- Factory reset the Wyze Lock Bolt and set it up again.
- Enter the Bluetooth connection range (16 feet or less) and enter the Wyze app.
- Go to Wyze Lock Bolt’s device page > Settings > Delete device.
- Wait to hear the beeps that confirm the lock bolt is deleted.
- Set up the Wyze Lock Bolt like new.
- Check the battery life to ensure the lock bolt’s battery is not low. You can check this by going to the Wyze Lock Bolt’s Device Page > Settings > Device Info.
- Check for any resistance or jamming on the door. If there is, check out the My Wyze Lock Bolt is difficult to lock/unlock or is jamming article for troubleshooting steps.